As we create a colorful, capable and cleaner world through chemistry, we invite you to join our team to harness the power of chemistry to shape markets, redefine industries and improve lives for billions of people around the world.
The Chemours Titanium Technologies Process Control Group located in Wilmington, DE has a Process Analyzer Engineer/Scientist position available. This is a key role within the Company and the process control function of the Titanium Technologies business. This position will report to the Process Control Group Manager and will require significant interaction with scientists, engineers, and technicians located at manufacturing facilities throughout the world
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop and design improvements to existing process analyzer systems to support their reliability, uptime, and enable process control.
- Work with vendors and project engineering to specify, setup, configure, and startup process analyzers.
- Work closely with plant sites to manage PM, reliability, and lifecycle plans for process analyzer systems.
- Training of plant site technical staff, as well as providing remote and direct support to the sites for process analyzer systems.
- Identify opportunities to improve process performance through implementation of new or different process analyzers.
To be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
****CHEMOURS DOES NOT SPONSOR INDIVIDUAL WORK VISA'S
- BS in Chemical or Electrical Engineering with 5+ years of experience, or a MS in Chemical or Electrical Engineering with 3+ years of experience in process instrumentation or analyzers. A PhD in Physical/Analytical Chemistry or Chemical/Electrical Engineering with a focus on instrumentation/measurement is also acceptable for this role.
- Strong capability in measurement and calibration
- Experience in mathematical & statistical data analysis (preferably in Chemometrics)
- Requirement to travel 25% (plant sites, vendors, etc.) both domestically and internationally.
- Exceptional computer skills including the ability to customize PC based operating systems
The following skill sets are preferred by the business unit:
- Demonstrated technical skills in a broad range of process analytical technologies including (FTIR, NIR, IR, UV/VIS, TDLAS, MS, etc.)
- Experience in specification and operation of process analyzers, industrial control systems communication protocols (e.g. Modbus, OPC, etc.)
- Experience with industrial sample system design and operation,
- Experience with the development of Chemometric models using Matlab/PLSToolbox, Grams PLS/IQ, or Pirouette.
- Experience with the use of scripts and compiled program code to customize and add functionality to Process Analyzer Systems
Chemours is an equal opportunity employer.
Chemours is an E-Verify employer.
Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation
At Chemours, you will find sustainability in our vision, our business and your future. If you want to work on the leading edge of your field and have a desire to make a difference, join Chemours and discover what it means when we say “We Are Living Chemistry”.