Analytical Separations/Mass Spectrometrist (BS/MS)
In this position, the successful candidate will independently develop analytical methods, perform analyses, maintain instrumentation, interpret analytical data, and work with a team of analytical scientists to support all businesses in DuPont using chromatographic and spectrometric characterization techniques with emphasis on mass spectrometry. The work is non-routine in nature, so the successful candidate will need to be able to search the scientific literature to create novel approaches to difficult problems under the guidance of principal investigators.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or equivalent
- Demonstrated technical expertise (depth of knowledge and ability) in mass spectrometry and one or more of the following: HPLC, GC, SEC/GPC
- Demonstrate experience and expertise with sample preparation techniques
- Demonstrated analytical instrumentation-related mechanical skill set
- Functional breadth of knowledge and ability across several common instrumental analytical techniques
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated work habits that emphasize quality and a high standard for interpersonal interactions, organization, initiative, team spirit, decision-making, work ethic, and safety
DuPont is a global Fortune 100 company, operating in 70 countries today. We are looking for people who have a passion for delivering innovative, sustainable solutions that meet our customer needs for a better, healthier, safer life.
DuPont offers an exciting place to work where thousands of innovations are introduced every year. You will have opportunities for growth through involvement in various dynamic industries from high-tech to high-performance; including agriculture, nutrition, electronics, communications, safety and protection, home and construction, transportation, and apparel.
At DuPont, you will find sustainability in our vision, our business and your future. If you want to work on the leading edge of your field and have a desire to make a difference, join DuPont and discover The miracles of science™.
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer and an E-Verify employer.