Analytical Separations/Mass Spectrometrist (PhD)
This exciting and challenging position in the Corporate Center for Analytical Sciences is integral to our commitment to provide analytical expertise in chemical and material characterization using chromatography and spectrometric techniques (with a focus on MS techniques) in support of entire product life cycles (discovery, development, production) across the breadth of DuPont businesses including Electronic Technologies, Industrial Biosciences, Protection Materials, and Nutrition & Health, but with a particular focus on electronic materials.
The position will also involve the development and implementation of new technologies to increase the analytical capabilities and productivity of CCAS. The position will require a creative individual who can apply chemical knowledge and judgment to identify and solve analytical problems for complex chemistries/materials and suggest/make appropriate changes to analytical experimental design in alignment with project objectives.
In this position, the successful candidate will train/mentor/supervise analytical technicians and/or associates in routine and non-routine duties; write clear, cogent reports drawing appropriate conclusions from data; and consult with current/potential customers. Building and maintaining analytical connections throughout the corporation and with other corporations and universities will be important to success in this position.
- Ph.D. in Chemistry (with emphasis in analytical) or equivalent experience
- Expert in chromatography and mass spectrometry (MS/MS)
- Demonstrated experience/expertise with structural elucidation directly from MS spectra
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in GC/MS applications and interpretation
- Demonstrated experience and expertise with LC/MS applications and interpretation
- Demonstrated ability to devise novel solutions to difficult analytical problems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong networking skills
- Ability to contribute effectively in a team environment and lead a project/task team
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to monitor and direct the work of others and mentor others
DuPont is a global Fortune 100 company, operating in 70 countries today. We are looking for people who have a passion for delivering innovative, sustainable solutions that meet our customer needs for a better, healthier, safer life.
DuPont offers an exciting place to work where thousands of innovations are introduced every year. You will have opportunities for growth through involvement in various dynamic industries from high-tech to high-performance; including agriculture, nutrition, electronics, communications, safety and protection, home and construction, transportation, and apparel.
At DuPont, you will find sustainability in our vision, our business and your future. If you want to work on the leading edge of your field and have a desire to make a difference, join DuPont and discover The miracles of science™.
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer and an E-Verify employer.